Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is certainly influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear products type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear products type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is certainly 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Click to watch independent reviews about crane duty helical gearbox.